Woman gets ‘bullet’ threat through e-mail
October 13, 2001
PETALING JAYA: A 38-year-old woman received a “bullet” through an e-mail, demanding that she banked in RM 50,000 as donation from a sender claiming to represent the government and Umno.
She reported to police that the mail was addressed to her office in SEA Park here on Thursday.
Apparently, the managing director of a company, had received the threatening e-mail by one Nor Azmi claiming to be a government representative and from a company called Bersatu Teguh at about 3.45pm.
OCPD Senior Asst Comm II Sheikh Mustafa Sheikh Ahmad said this was the first e-mail threat reportered.
He said police had traced the source of the e-mail to a sender but the e-mail account holder denied sending out such a threat.
SAC II Sheikh Mustafa said police believed that the sender’s e-mail account had been abused by another person and are investigating the case.
Copyright © 1995-2001 Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd